Automated Meter Reading
We are delighted to introduce to you the Automated Meter Reading (AMR) system for our customers in the Large Power Users (LPU) category. This system will be availed to districts on request and details of consumption shall also be available online.
How AMR works:
A smart meter installed at your premises sends billing information to umeme data collection centres via wireless networks. The data is then processed and electronically sent to our billing office where the data is analysed and interpreted by umeme officers who then print out a physical bill or send the customer an e-bill.
- Less routine visits from UMEME (meter reading, bill delivery etc.)
- Swifter response to power outages
- Access to consumption data and load profiles online
- Reduced meter related faults
- Secure meter installation(s)
- Dedicated account manager(s)
- Real-time alerts (email, SMS)
- Web access / view of consumption and load profiles
- Robust meter box
- Remote monitoring unit
- New meter and accessories for each installation
Roles (umeme & customer)
- Swift resolution of faults and incidents
- Maintenance of equipment
- Accurate billing and prompt bill delivery
- Maintain good working relationship with customer
- Provide access to meter and meter data for customer
- Meter box security
- Swift reports and feedback to contacts
- Bill payment
- Access to premises
AMR web access
The online AMR system allows you to view your consumption and load profile data over the internet. Follow these steps to obtain login details:
- Step 1: Download the AMR Web Access Agreement Form here.*
- Step 2: Fill in the form and submit it to the UMEME district office which covers your area.
- Step 3: Your request will be reviewed by the district and if approved, you will be contacted with your login details.
- Step 4: Log into the Online AMR System and access your consumption data and load profiles.
*Forms can also be obtained from district offices.