- Pay for the amount of Yaka prepaid units you wish to load into your meter.
- A token of the units requested will be generated from Umeme’s system.
- This token(comprising a 20-digit number) will be given to you.
- At your premises, enter the 20-digit token number into the Yaka meter CIU to load/top up your electricity supply.
How to load Yaka
- Yaka uses a token to recharge the meter with credit energy. The meter will only accept the 20-digit token number.
- You need your swipe card (or a previous Yaka purchase receipt) to buy a token. Alternatively, press #100# on a Conlog CIU or 100 followed by the “Enter” key on an Itron CIU to get your serial number, which you can also use to purchase electricity.
- Upon purchase, you will be given a 20-digit Yaka token. All you have to do is enter the 20-digit number into the CIU.
- In case of any problem in loading/topping up Yaka credit, please check with the error codes or call 0800 185 185 for help.
Token error display
If the token is not accepted, the following codes will appear. The following table shows the error codes that could be displayed:
Token has been entered incorrectly or it not valid. Re-enter token and if the problem persists call Umeme on 0800185186 for assistance.
The token has already been used and cannot be used again
The token has expired. It is recommended that you use your tokens within 3 months from the date of purchase.
The meter has been codded to default code and cannot accept credit tokens.
The current available credit in your meter is too high to accept more credit. Re-enter the token when the credit level drops.
The token value is too large and cannot be displayed. The token has been accepted by the meter but cannot be processed. Please call UMEME on 0800 185 186 for assistance.
Please note: If the audible feedback option has been activated the meter buzzer will emit a sound for one second during any one of the above conditions.
Low Credit Indication
When the remaining credit in the meter is lower than acceptable, the buzzer will emit two short beeps. The audible warning will repeat until silenced by the consumer. To silence the buzzer press the backspace key.
Zero Credit Indication
When the available credit reaches zero, the disconnection switch suspends the supply of electricity to the consumer. The “enter token” icon will be permanently displayed.
Special user functions
The following are functions / short codes that can be entered to assist in monitoring and managing your consumption and credit replenishment
Average Power: This will display the average power measured at that point in time. For three phase meters the hash key can be used to scroll through the total average power measured for all three phases, as well as that measured at each phase.
Average Current: This will display the average current measured at that point in time. For three phase meters the hash key can be used to scroll through the total average current measured for all three phases, as well as that measured at each phase.
Average Voltage: This will display the average voltage measured at that point in time. For three phase meters the hash key can be used to scroll through the total average voltage measured at each phase.
Reason for last disconnect: This will display the last abnormal trip event that caused the supply to be disconnected (see point 3 of troubleshooting). This will display the average power measured at that point in time. For three phase meters the hash key can be used to scroll through the total average power measured for all three phases, as well as that measured at each phase.
Time remaining till disconnection: This shows the estimated time that is remaining before the credit runs out and is based on the average consumption at that point in time, as well as over the last 7 days. Use the hash key yo move between the displays.