Who we are
Umeme Limited is Uganda’s main electricity distribution company, listed on the Uganda Securities Exchange and cross listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The Company operates a 20 year electricity distribution concession effective 1st March 2005, from the Government of Uganda. After the electricity sector reforms in 1999, Uganda adopted a single buyer electricity sector model, where Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL) is the System Operator, responsible for the purchase of electricity from all Independent Power Producers, import and export of electricity and being Umeme’s sole supplier.
As an electricity distributor, Umeme is licensed to distribute and supply electricity to customers.This mandate involves; operation, maintenance and upgrade of electricity distribution infrastructure, electricity retail and provision of related services.The sector is regulated by the Electricity Regulatory Authority, whose mandate includes setting operating standards and appropriate end user tariffs.
Powering communities, business and industry for a prosperous Uganda.
To supply our customers with safe, reliable electricity through an efficient distribution network and with passionate people, while delivering sustainable shareholder value.
- We place the Safety of our employees and the public at the centre of our actions
- We provide an experience of exceptional Customer Service
- We act with Integrity, fairness and transparency in all our dealings
- We deliver our services as one Team
- We deliver our services and value through Innovation and the zeal to succeedcontinuously raising the bar on our performance